Friday, January 20, 2017

Why Am I In A Pissy Mood? #Drumph

I've been in a piss-poor mood for several weeks. As in, I've been rude, short-tempered, argumentative, and downright mean. I'm not apologizing to any particular person. Nor am I justifying my actions.

I'm just acknowledging that I've been a pain in the ass. Even my boyfriend, who only ever has nice things to say about me, has noticed that I'm less than pleasant lately.

And, I recently noticed that I've been an asshat since November. Not surprisingly, since the election results. I didn't want to acknowledge that I may be more upset about the results than I thought. I truly wanted to live my life as if this presidency wouldn't really affect my day-to-day life.

Of course, that's wrong.

I'm not the kind of feminist that you hear about on the internet. I cannot stand when people play the victim. I don't have a high tolerance for people who get 'triggered' by the most mundane thing. I'm not a god-damned SJW.

But, even I, the most cold-hearted liberal ever, have been affected by this new 'president'. I'm not hopeful. I'm not expecting this be an easy 4 years. I have a feeling it's going to take a lot of effort to protest, contact representatives, sign petitions, and yes, even vote, to counteract what this unqualified man and his increasingly deplorable cabinet will do over the next few years. Not to mention the population of this country who are going to use this presidency to justify their homophobic and racist ideologies.

I'm not looking forward to the headache. I'm looking forward to being a part of the solution.

So, in the meantime, I'm going to try to not snap so much at those trying to work with me. I need to stop being so damned moody and try to have some of my positivity again.

It's obviously not a time for celebrations for me. But, that doesn't mean that I get to be rude. I've got too much of my strict southern manner training in me to let myself be a snarling dog that bites at people who don't deserve it. We're all in this together. Working with people is better than ostracizing them.

Good luck, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment