Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Moral Low Ground

I was recently un-friended on Facebook by a family member. And I know exactly why.

It was because of Satanists. Seriously.

So, recently, in Florida, a court ruling allowed religious materials to be handed out in public schools. Naturally, the Satanists group decided to hand out Satanic materials- a coloring book.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/19/satanic-coloring-book_n_5846640.html

Their intent in this was to show Christians that if they make a law that allows religion into the classroom they must allow other religions into said classroom. Including the 'icky' ones. It's either allow them all, or allow none.

Christian have lost their minds about the idea of Satanist materials being allowed to be given to children. I found this to be hilarious. My cousin on the other hand...not so much.

She posted about how parents in Florida (our home state) should be careful in watching what their children bring home. A few of her friends commented about how awful, disgusting, and serious this was. Some commented about how this country is circling the drain and we all need to pray to Jesus. I commented that I thought this was hilarious.

I got banned faster than I knew what happened.

I guess I had it coming. I had previously called out this cousin for claiming she was a victim of 'Christian persecution'. In Georgia. Southern Georgia. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

 It wasn't pretty.

I guess this was my final offence. I am an atheist after all. I am inherently evil. I also have no moral code whatsoever. I have a hard heart and I do no good things in life. Like, at all.

Speaking of which, maybe I'll now mention how her husband, who is a good Christian man, tried to have sex with me on a few occasions. How he would beg me to let him into my bed. Or, we can talk about how her relationship with this man started while he was still married.

All of this information I have kept to myself to keep the peace in my family. I'm sure I would have been blamed for tempting him anyway. My family doesn't read this blog anyway- it doesn't matter.

Look, we all have a past. I remember going out and smoking, drinking, and generally partying with this cousin. I remember late-night guy hookups and racing around town too fast. I remember tattoos, cursing, and skipping church. But I guess we were teenagers.

We've both grown up. She is married with children. I work full-time and run several community groups. But, I don't appreciate her 'Holier-Than-Thou' attitude. I don't appreciate being judged as unworthy because I don't happen to agree with her opinion of religion.

Maybe I just need to color...

satanic coloring book 1



No comments:

Post a Comment